By Pooja Vinod Kumar on Mar 22, 2019 4:16:18 PM
So what is Artificial Intelligence or AI? Artificial intelligence is the study (and building) of systems that can make intelligent decisions which would be considered smart if performed by a human.
These trends are dramatically altering the digital landscape in which businesses operate, changing how brands function internally and how they engage with customers. Delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time will enable marketers to create quality brand experiences, increase customer lifetime value, and acquire new customers more efficiently.
In this post, we have identified 3 common challenges faced by marketers these days and how these challenges will be more manageable with the help of AI. As a result, you will be able to grow your customer base and expand your business.
1) Monitoring Website Performance in Analytics Platforms to Discover Insight
- AI can process data, alert the user about any anomalies and highlight quick wins to action immediately.
- On the other hand, it can take a team hours or days to find the root cause of performance problems that requires you to manually filter through considerable amounts of data.
- Using AI can help you save a lot of time and money.
- It is also crucial to ensure that you set up alerting thresholds correctly. If not set right, you will receive countless spam emails that provide incomplete information.
- AI helps you to detect performance anomalies automatically and alerts you when an issue is found.
2) Understanding Audience Behaviours to Deliver Personalised Experiences
- Customers anticipate personalised messages, content, and offers tailor-made for them. The chances of a loyal customer leaving a brand is extremely high when their expectations are not met.
- In order to succeed, you need to tune in to multiple channels, by gathering and consolidating customer data and automating the personalisation process.
- AI can personalise your content for different audiences. So, it will help to generate the best ROI (return on investment) from every resource.
- It an also run a personalised marketing journey. By means of push notifications, email marketing and content recommendations, AI can make suggestions that match customer interests.
- It achieves this personalisation by implementing mass-scale automated A/B testing to determine the optimum solution. The algorithm constantly updates itself to improve future marketing campaigns.
- Chatbots are another example of AI interference used for enhancing user experience. Chatbots are programmed to interact with customers on the basis of data that it receives.
- In the future, traditional chatbots and text communication will soon give way to a multi-dimensional communication system with sensory abilities such as voice and touch.
- This would revolutionise the whole experience for users as they get the feeling of talking to a real person.
- By using AI-powered chatbots, businesses can take the opportunity to convert the customer using personalised content marketing.
- Furthermore, your chatbot may even act as your marketing budget manager to help you stay within target margins.
Read this informative infographic to learn more about chatbots!
3) Generating Content Ideas That Will Deliver Traffic and Revenue
- Artificial intelligence can be used in content creation and content optimisation. According to a study done by Gartner, 20% of all business content will be authored by machines in 2020!
- AI helps to analyse the most relevant and popular keywords for your company’s target audience based on social share volume.
- For example, MarketMuse is a software search optimisation tool that can compare a set of content topics generated by AI, against a website’s content inventory.
- From there, it creates prioritised content plans which help marketers manage their time more effectively. Additionally, this can improve your on-page content by showing relevant keywords and pages that are ranked higher in the search for a specific query.
As much as AI can play a part in content marketing, it is important to remember that there are limitations to AI as well.
With this trend becoming more widespread in the coming years, businesses will see promising uses for AI and capitalise on smart AI systems to accomplish specialised tasks. Marketers are starting to use AI to uncover new insights, automate labor-intensive tasks and provide a whole new level of personalisation to guide website visitors through their buyers journey.
In summary, AI can deliver highly relevant insights and in doing so, will relieve content marketers of automated tasks. Bear in mind that your focus should be on optimising strategies to build and grow your business. I really hope you enjoyed the read!