By Neha Jain on Oct 27, 2016 5:52:00 PM
Did you know you can get number 1 ranking on Google for free?
It may surprise you, but many small businesses are not aware of the fact that you can get some free advertising on Googleinstead of paying for pay-per-click (PPC) ads on Google. Google is always looking to increase the value of its local search results. The search engine has a simple way for you to provide it with that valuable information about your business, which it infuses straight into its search engine results. This not only helps your business get found through searches; it can also help you get more traffic, leads, and customers.
Before you jump in and get your free advertising on Google you will need to have these things:
- An account with Google.
- A short description of your business for when a user clicks on your business name.
- The phone number(s), addresses and any other contact information you want to advertise. Remember that the phone number will show up on the results page.
- A logo and/or image(s) of your business and products.
Let’s get it started with simple tips:
- Visit http://www.google.com/places/
- Click the ‘Get Started Now’ button below the text, “Get your business found on Google.” Your Google Places account will be connected to your Google account. Here, you can enter the country and business phone number.
- Google will then search to see if your listing already exists. (Keep in mind that you can edit a current listing at any time to display new information about your business.).
- After filling out your phone number, Google will prompt you to input more information. As you complete your information, Google will automatically generate what the Places advertisement will look like on the right, including the map image.
- You can then set up whether or not your business provides services in a certain area or areas. This will allow your business to appear on map listings.
- You can then select which location(s) your services cover(s). The map will show you what area will be covered by choosing this option.
- Another aspect of an effective Google Places advertisement is the hours your business operates. Often, when people are searching for your business, they’re looking to see when you’re open, and Google allows you to include this directly in your listing.
Almost done – Now, you can include other information that may be vitally important to potential customers at your place of business at the end of the listing set-up process. This information can range from details about the location if it’s difficult to find, to information about the products and services your business provides.
Finally, the first time you create a Google Places listing, you will need to validate your location. This helps Google avoid fake listings and advertisements. Google will send you a postcard with verification information and next steps on it. Although it may seem like a pain to wait 2-3 weeks before your listing can get verified and become live, it saves us all in the long run from a plethora of spam listings when we use Google Search to find places in the future.
Registering your business with Google Places allows it to be found more easily on Google searches and it shows up on Google Maps.
- You can also offer coupon codes on your Google Local listing – use this to your advantage!
- You can add your products to Google Base, the product search engine.
- Optimize your company website. Search engine optimization cannot be underestimated in the world of constant Googling. Make sure your site is primed for performance on search engines.
- Submit your site to Online Directories such as Yellow Pages, online directories, where potential clients turn to find business solutions. Adding your site to online directories is extremely important as it greatly improves your site’s SEO by linking back to your website.
- Nonprofits may be able to get even more free advertising on Google using special program called Google Grants at https://www.google.com/grants/If you’re interested in taking advantage of Google Grants, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Create a campaign that aligns with your goals. You should have robust keyword lists, leverage brand terms, and include problem- and solution-oriented keywords.
- Use all three match types when creating your keyword list – broad, phrase, and exact match.
- Drop visitors on the most relevant, targeted page on your website in relation to the ad. It helps with conversion rates.
- Keep forms on those pages as short as possible to increase conversion rates.
- Google can help you monitor your online reputation. So if you’re worried about monitoring your company’s online reputation. Luckily, Google has a free tool that makes it easier: Google Alerts.http://www.google.com/alerts
Well there you have it; you can now get free advertising on Google and want to learn more.