By Nelson Tan on Oct 10, 2015 9:30:00 AM
If you are doing e-commerce or exploring lead generation via PPC marketing, some AdWords tips can help get the ball rolling for you. Making money with Google AdWords is very easy, and yet most people fail miserably at it! Using AdWords effectively requires a precise combination of art and science. You should be able to get that creative edge on your competitors, and you should also be able to manipulate the numbers game!
Designing The Ad
- Be specific. This is the most important of all AdWords tips that you'll get. You only want clicks that can convert to sales. So be specific in the headline of your ad. If you sell floral pattern bed sheets, mention the entire thing in the heading. You don't want people looking for geometric patterned sheets clicking through!
- What's-In-It-For-Me. Yes, tell the customer how they would benefit by using your product. Find out what they need, and then provide it to them.
- USP. What makes your product unique? What is the advantage in choosing your product over any other brand?
- Cost. Most articles on AdWords tips will tell you about finding a balance between the popularity of keywords and their CPC. Sometimes incorrect spellings can also get you an abundance of targeted traffic while keeping the CPC low.
- Targeted traffic. For exact keyword phrases, use quotes and square brackets, like NYC Theatre Tickets or [Lion King Broadway Tickets].
- Freebie hunters. Use -free to keep them away as they aren't likely to result in any sales.
The Extra Edge
- Own website. What most articles on AdWords tips fail to tell you is that it is also important to have your own website, with a proper opt-in form so that you can build a mailing list of all visitors. People who don't buy now can change their minds later.
- Landing page. It is better to have a separate landing page for each of your products, just like a separate ad for each of them. This ensures a better customer experience and makes it easier for you to track the individual conversion rates of products.
- Budget. Another hard-to-find point in the most common AdWords tips lists! You need to make a budget, as to how much you can bear to spend per sale, and then stick to it.
- Profit. Ascertain your profit/sale. Then use that data to work upon decreasing cost or increasing sale, so as to reach the desired profit.
So that's about it! The above 10 AdWords tips can help you get your profits rocketing up. Oh, did I miss the eleventh one? Well, the last tip in my list is Testing. You can simply never have enough of it. You need to keep testing and re-testing; keep changing a word here and a phrase there; keep improving! And don't forget to enjoy the experience!