Video is a powerful tool that marketers can use in their marketing strategy but many do not know how to maximize the use of video marketing.
Statistics show that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch a video rather than to read text. According to a study conducted by Google and Millward Brown Digital, 70% of B2B buyers watch videos throughout their path to purchase.
When it comes to absorbing information, people prefer visuals to text as it is easier to process. The bottom-line is simple: Our brains don’t like to work hard.
If you are trying to turn more prospects into leads, read on while we share with you 3 tips on how to do this using video.
1. Consider your audience before choosing type of video
Before deciding what type of video would work best for you, you have to consider your target audience – their likes and needs. Other factors like age group and occupation will also determine the kind of content your video should present.
These are the 4 types of videos that can aid lead generation, depending on your goals, you must choose the kind of video that would work best for you.
- Explainer Video
- Simple and straightforward videos that offer the visitors with enough information about your products or services
- Most frequently viewed videos so use this opportunity to learn more about prospects
- E.g. add surveys/polls in video to build up prospect profiles
- Educational Video
- Offer value to your audience in order to improve awareness
-Effective if you are able to address specific problems that your audience face
- Testimonial Video
- Effective since they address how your brand is helping people solve their problems
- Helps you position yourself as a reliable solution provider and win viewer trust
- Promotional Videos
- Help in increasing awareness, engagement and conversions
- Important to ensure they are informative and informative at the same time, giving you the opportunity to deliver your messages in a creative way to a targeted market
2. Add a lead generation form
Using videos for lead generation is easy. With certain video hosting platforms like Wistia, you can add a form directly in your video, which we call a turnstile. Aside from gathering their information, turnstiles help you qualify your leads, since the people who fill it out are the ones who take the time to learn what the video was about and decide they were interested—making it more likely that they’re the right audience.
You can add a turnstile either at the beginning or at the end of your video – letting your prospects decide if the content is valuable for them to pass their contact information.
According to research done by Wistia, it shows that that adding a lead generation form 20-30% of the way through your video or 60-70% through your video will garner the most conversions.
3. Include a Clear Call-To-Action (CTA) to your videos
If you don’t conclude your video with a call-to-action, your visitor is left wondering what to do next after they have finished watching the video.
Creating a high-quality and engaging video is not enough; you need to come up with ways to hold the visitor’s attention after watching the video. YouTube and Vimeo offer “suggested content” at the end of the videos so that they can keep visitors hooked onto their website. If visitors get distracted and move onto another website, they might forget you and it defeats the purpose of a video.
Hence, it is crucial to include an appropriate CTA, either at a key point during the video or at the end of the video. This is done to help visitors perform a specific task or divert them to related content. This gives them the opportunity to further engage with your brand.
Example: If you are targeting new prospects, you can offer them an explainer video containing a CTA that brings them to a product tour and a link where they can download a related whitepaper. You may also include a URL or a contact number they can click on to find out more!
In summary, videos not only attract attention, they are also capable of building trust and awareness about a brand. I hope the tips I have shared above will help you to improve the lead generation for your business through video marketing.